Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lara Lahr works in inner city Philadelphia with mission year and have been part of The Simple Way in Philadelphia. This is a good example of photography which draws you in and invokes a story. With great economy, much is said. Thanks Lara. Please keep looking through the view finder.

Here was her reflection on the photo...

"On my previous blog, I talked about how contentment has been a recurrent theme lately in my life. In many areas of my life, I can truly say that I am closer than ever to finding this contentment. I have grown not only content, but thrilled to be a mom of 3 girls. I have become content living in a city like Philadelphia which is quite different from Wilmore Kentucky (where we lived before). I am content with the low salary (in American standards) that we live on which keeps us from buying too much stuff. I have become content with a messy house (at times). I am content with the cars that God has blessed us with. I can't tell you how many comments I get, even from friends that are like minded to me, that I should get a new car. I have become content with our lack of closet space, drafty house, unfinished projects, and toilet that you have to turn the water off to every time you finish using it...read the rest of the article"

No comments: