Wednesday, January 24, 2007





One night a few weeks ago I dreamed a triangle. I have been avoiding straight lines, hard geometry, or anything that seems mechanical in the least. We are human, why not have an art that reflects our flesh and blood, pulsing, shaking, breathing existance. So for me a triangle is something new. It started out as a posative black shape with a biomorphic form inside, then I realized the triangle is too strong to be posative,ie black, so I made it a negative shape. I cut out a triangle and did a wash on the handmade paper to start. Then gold biomorphic form inside and black outside. It seemed to work as a poetic representation of the universe.
I couple of these are now showing at our local art gallery in the 'under 35's' show. For a review of the show and a photo of the couple of us that dared show up look here at our local newspaper . Sorry, it is only in Romanian. I also had a 1.5ft x6ft oil painting on board I posted earlier of a sunflower. The line about my work was quoting our local city art critic Mrs. Cocos, "mă bucur că expune din nou Joel Klepac, care are un potenţial divers şi o sensibilitate deosebită", Which very generously says, "I am glad that Joel Klepac is showing work again, he has diverse potential and an unusual sensativity". The art critic has liked my work in the past especially the Sarcina series and I think was a little bit disapointed that the work I showed now was abstract and tightly tied to nature.

No comments: