Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Chapel Carpet Project

Scraps have been collected from some of the other Word Made Flesh fields, of old clothing from staff and the poor among whom we work. As we weave this rug in the chapel we are praying for mercy on the worlds poor. When we are done it will lie in the center of the chapel as a reminder of the centrality of Christ, and the poor who He weaves into His life in the center with Him. The many colored strips of fabric are all held together by a single un-cut string.

2 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

I use both 35mm film SLR and digital SLR. Most of the ones from both Haiti and India are done on film, except for the most recent. So now I am enjoying my rapid fire shutter:) Glad you like my work.

I love this run; that's amazing.

Courtney Patch said...

oops. I meant rug.