Tuesday, August 29, 2006


these photos are from a show in Lexington, Kentucky at the 'Firebird Gallery' downtown and the other in Galati, Romania at 'Nicolae Mantu Gallery', the local gallery of the Romanian National Ascociation of Plastic Artists.

The bulk of my work for the last two years, Sarcina Series Paintings is showing now at Georgetown College, Georgetown KY from July 6 - September 14 . Then they go to Asbury College from September 18th -October 8th, in Wilmore KY.

I think these paintings capture a lot of my wrestling with art and faith among hte poor in the last few years. At the Sarcina Series Paintings blog you can find a decription of the process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THanks Joel will they be in the gallery above the cafeteria at Asbury? Kyle S.

Joel said...

Thats the one. I hope you get a chance to see the show. Let me know what you think.