Wednesday, August 09, 2006



This is an oil painting done on a canvas shirt. One morning I showed up at our community drop in center and their was a ball point pen drawing on the table on a big piece of paper. I was awestruck and started copying the drawing in my sketchbook and asked who had done it. I found out it was done the day before by a god friend of ours who lives on the streets. This part of the drawing was his 'house' complete with a pot with salomi and bread stuck in it. He had written in Romania, 'door' by the door and 'house' up by the shelves on the wall. Later that year I had a show of my oil paintings and a series of his drawings.


Here is the image from my sketch book. his design elements found in al the would be oopen spaces appeared in my paintings after this point.

No comments: